- Accessible Customer Service
- Accessible Information and Communication
- Accessibility in Employment
- Accessible Transportation
- Accessible Built Environment
Ontario’s four trustee/school board associations recognized the importance of representing the school board sector when the government developed standards for implementing the AODA. Through OPSBA, OESC was represented on all of the committees charged with developing the standards listed above.
In 2011, Accessible Information and Communication, Employment, Transportation and Customer Services Standards were incorporated in an Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR), which took effect in 2011. In December 2012, the IASR was expanded to include accessibility standards for the Design of Public Spaces. These standards were previously included in the Accessible Built Environment Standards.
To assist school boards and school authorities with implementing the various regulatory requirements under the AODA, the school board/trustee associations, as well as the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario and the Ontario Student Trustees’ Association (OSTA-AECO), partnered to develop the video resources and training modules indicated below.
By Any Measure – a video showcasing successful student and staff-led initiatives that are making accessibility integral to school culture in Ontario. This video is being used across the province to promote accessibility awareness and inspire students to take part in Ontario’s commitment to being fully accessible by 2025.
“How May I Help You?” – a training module to support school boards and authorities comply with the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR)
The TeachAble Project – a comprehensive website, enlivened with videos featuring staff and students from many Ontario schools, designed to support boards with incorporating concepts of accessibility in the learning and teaching environment.
Accessible Schools: Leading The Way – an implementation Resource Guide
- Chart of Requirements for School Boards
- Accessibility Policy Statement
- Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
- Procedure for Accessible Information and Communications
- Procedure for Accessible Employment
- Procedure for Accessible Student Transportation
- Development of Individual Student Transportation Plan
Submissions to the Minister of Community and Social Services
- OPSBA and OCSTA joint response to Proposed Accessible Built Environment Standard* (71K PDF)
- Joint response to Proposed Accessibility in Employment Standard (97K PDF)
- Joint response to Proposed Standard for Accessible Information and Communication (57K PDF)
- Letter to Minister re Proposed Standard for Accessible Transportation (19K PDF)
- Joint response to Proposed Customer Service Standard (43K PDF)
Modèles de documents
- Tableau des obligations de chaque conseil scolaire
- Énoncé de politique sur les normes d’accessibilité
- Plan d’accessibilité pluriannuel
- Directive administrative sur la fourniture de services d’information et de communications accessibles
- Directive administrative sur l’accessibilité pour l’emploi
- Politique et directive administrative sur la fourniture de services de transport scolaire accessibles
- Plan de transport scolaire individualisé pour les élèves ayant des besoins particuliers